DESCRIPTION: To teach private piano lessons to students ages 6-adult. To receive training in implementing New Tampa Piano and Pedagogy Academy’s teaching methodologies.
ABOUT OUR ACADEMY: New Tampa Piano and Pedagogy Academy is one of the largest, if not the largest, piano academy in the US. All students enjoy a unified curriculum that integrates the most effective research on music performance and learning. Our instructors are accomplished pianists who believe that quality instruction, received at the early stages, leaves the most important footprint in anyone’s education. Our building was custom built to accommodate the needs of our academy. All private lessons take place using baby grand pianos. For more information on our work visit: www.newtampappa.com/press_release
APPOINTMENT DURATION: 1 year, with employment renewal possibilities.
EMPLOYMENT START DATE: July 2020 or until position is filled.
ELIGIBILITY: Permanent resident or US citizen.
WEEKLY TEACHING HOURS AND DUTIES: 22 hours of teaching. 11 hours of lesson planning. 1 hour faculty meeting. 1-1½ hours of observing senior faculty’s teaching. Teaching observations done by senior faculty hours (amount of time varies).
OTHER DUTIES: Attendance to all student recitals. Other sparse duties as assigned.
HARD SKILLS: Completed graduate degree in
Music Education-piano performance concentration
Music Therapy-piano performance concentration
SOFT SKILLS: Addicted to learning and improving, goal oriented, problem solver, empathetic and accountable.
GENERAL POSITION BENEFITS:
1.Salaried position (stable monthly income)
2. Monthly health insurance stipend
3. Stipend for conference attendance and professional memberships
4. 6 weeks off per calendar year
5. Stable schedule. No make up lessons
6. No administrative duties
7. Performance and lecturing opportunities
8. Ongoing trainings and professional development workshops
9. Supportive collegiate work environment
10. State of the art facilities
11. Teaching equipment: grand pianos for private lessons and digital piano lab with instructor’s console for group classes
12. No state income tax in the State of Florida
13. Opportunities for employment renewal with increases in salary and added benefits (such as end of year performance based bonus, maternity leave and retirement plan)
1. Submit the following application materials at www.NewTampaPPA.com/career or email to Dr. Judith Jain at Judith@NewTampaPPA.com
a. One-to-two page resume
b. Half-page teaching philosophy
c. Performance video recording with two contrasting pieces of candidate’s choice
d. Video recording of candidate teaching a private lesson, 15 minutes in duration as a minimum. Student must be under the age of 15.
2. Chosen candidates will be interviewed via phone
3. Finalists will be invited for a live interview
For questions email Dr. Judith Jain at Judith@NewTampaPPA.com