PIANO AND MUSIC PREPARATORY PROGRAM
Classes in our piano preparatory program are taught by qualified piano teachers with Masters and Doctorate degrees, following the way students this age naturally learn. This piano program is available to children in pre school through first grade. Their piano lessons are carefully planned, keeping in mind these young learners’ minds. This age is ideal for learning new skills as children go from absorbing and observing their environment to engaging and participating in it. Their learning style is hands on, so lecturing and waiting for too long to play the piano is not the way to teach them. These piano classes for young children celebrate your child’s growing independence and the benefits of learning along with other students of the similar age, in a small group setting.The length of the activities in these classes are short and varied, reflecting the short attention span natural of children of this age. There is no pressure for formal daily at home practice. Students from our Piano Preparatory Program graduate into our Core program
. We provide best piano classes for preparatory,core,adults in Tampa
Our Piano Preparatory Program, learners ages 4-6, has 2 types of classes:
PRE SCHOOL MUSIC AND PIANO CLASS
Small-group Music Class with an emphasis on piano learning, for young children who are 4 years old. Meets weekly for 45 minutes. Students in this music class will graduate into the Piano Prep Class.
PIANO PREP CLASS
Weekly 45 min. small-group classes for students in Kindergarten and first grade. Students in this piano class will graduate into our Core Program.
to schedule a free pre-enrollment interview with Dr. Jain, to receive the benefits of your growing child’s enriched education through the learning of music and piano from a teacher that understands what children this age are ready to learn and enjoy.
PIANO CORE PROGRAM
Our Piano Core Program is designed for piano students in first grade through twelfth grade. Students at this age learn best through a combination of private lessons and group classes.
In private piano lessons students will be able to learn piano
one on one, with the guidance of their piano teacher. Our students progress at their own pace. In private lessons the type of instruction our children receive is one customized to their individual needs. Since the interaction is one on one with their piano teachers, our students have ample opportunities to ask questions as they interact with our talented faculty.
In piano group classes, students will reinforce the musical concepts they learn in their private piano lessons, acquire and use their knowledge of Music Theory through games and activities, learn how to make performing in front of others a normal and joyful activity while enjoying music making in a social setting. Piano group classes are so important, that the Academy’s director teaches them.
1. Many aspects of music are better learnt in a group environment. Seeing peers perform pieces of music may contribute to an increased motivation to practice and set up higher goals.
2. Playing piano duets and piano ensembles opens up interest in all different types of piano music, teaches playing in groups, which develops their internal sense of steady beat, one of the most important aspects of learning how to perform music and dance.
3. Music is a language. Through the learning and performance of piano in front of others, our students improve their communication skills, both musically and verbally.
4. TREAT/ PREVENTION OF PERFORMANCE ANXIETY: when we have a problem, we can guard ourselves so that no one and nothing disturbs our anxiety. However, it is more effective to work through the anxiety so that we raise above it. Group piano classes are great for developing confidence in our children. With the expert guidance of Dr. Jain, who is an expert in performance anxiety, our students become confident public performers and speakers.
5. Learning how to take constructive criticism and feedback is a skill our students learn in group classes. This can be of great help in their adult lives and will play a big role in their later years. Our expert piano teachers have the necessary pedagogical training to communicate effectively while opening up our students’ minds and hearts to this important skill.
6. Learning how to play the piano could be a lonely experience. However, participating in piano group piano classes give students a sense of belonging and encourages students to set new and higher goals, which may also translate into academic ones.
BEGINNER’S PIANO PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN
Piano lessons for beginners are best as a combination of private and group classes. Our beginner piano lessons for children, ages 6-18, include a 30-minute weekly private lesson and a 60-minute biweekly group class throughout the Academic Year.
INTERMEDIATE PIANO PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN
This program is also for students who are between 6 and 18 years old. Unlike the beginner program, students in the Intermediate Piano Program take 45-minute weekly private lessons and a 60-minute biweekly group throughout the Academic Year.
ADVANCED PIANO PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN
Students in the Advanced Piano Program have been learning piano for a long time and now need longer lessons. Also design for students through twelfth grade, students in the Advanced programs take a combination of weekly 60 minute private lessons and 60-minute biweekly group classes throughout the Academic Year.
Ready to get started? Request a free assessment/placement interview with Dr. Jain: CLICK HERE
ADULT PIANO PROGRAM
In addition to offering piano lessons for children, we also offer piano lessons for adults in Tampa. Our Adult Piano Program is designed for students who are 18 years through 100 or more ;)
Adult piano lessons not only provide the learner with an outlet to stress and monotony, but it can also promote improving time management skills, for those working and having adult piano lessons as a hobby, as you shuffle the demands of a job and daily piano practicing.
Research proves piano lessons’ influence on improved mental health on adults. Continuing to play the piano as we age, can slow down the deterioration of brain function, memory, and inner ear hearing loss. It has also been observed that piano practice can help treat depression and alleviate stress in the older adults.
In adult piano lessons, our students are introduced to Classical music and may also be exposed to Jazz, Hymns, Bollywood, and other types of repertoire.
Engaging in music learning as an adult, is a great investment toward our self-improvement. As we develop our passion, music can nurture us back throughout the rest of our lives and give us satisfaction and a sense of self accomplishment and beauty, irrespective of your age.
BEGINNER ADULT PIANO PROGRAM
Adult beginners typically sign up for 30 minute weekly private lessons. In addition, there is an opportunity, 4 times a year, to meet with the other adult students in the program, for a 60-minute group class. This piano class is lead by the Academy’s founder Dr. Jain.
INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED ADULT PIANO PROGRAM
This piano program is also for students who are 18 years and older. Unlike the beginner program, this includes a 45-minute or 60-minute weekly private lesson in combination with a 60-minute group class four times during the Academic Year.
Ready to get started? Request a free assessment/ placement interview with Dr. Jain: CLICK HERE